PACN provides testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and HIV at no cost to you. Other locations can charge more than $100 for these tests. PACN makes it easy for you to make responsible choices about your sexual health.
What to expect at your first appointment
- A trained advocate will meet with you to answer questions about the testing process and PACN services.
- We will collect a urine sample to be sent to a certified lab that will test for the presence of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. For the most accurate results, do not urinate an hour before your scheduled appointment time. Female clients, please note – we cannot take a urine sample for your chlamydia and gonorrhea test if you are on your period. Please call to schedule your appointment when you are not on your period.
- Your first visit will last 30-45 minutes.
- Clients are eligible for STD/HIV testing every six months.
- Your advocate will schedule a follow-up appointment for the following week for your Chlamydia and Gonorrhea results and you will receive your HIV test at that time. This is a mouth swab to test for HIV antibodies and your results are available within 20 minutes.
If your STD results are positive, you can choose to receive treatment through PACN or PACN will refer you to a local low-cost clinic for treatment. We can also provide referrals to other clinics for additional STD testing.